Northern Territory Owned and Operated Since 2006. We are the only locally owned company to offer daily departures on our 3 day Uluru Tour. We are delighted to have recently celebrated our 13th Year Anniversary.
The Rock Tour is the first choice for budget conscious travellers & International Backpackers looking for a high quality tour & cultural experience at an affordable price. We will also ALWAYS have a seat for you!
The Rock Tour “3 Day Uluru” Tour is an active 1,500km round Camping trip spread out over 3 days and 2 nights. We visit all of the Red Centre attractions including Ayers Rock (Uluru) Sunset and Sunrise, the Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), Kings Canyon (Watarrka), Atila (Mount Connor), the Camel Farm, Lake Amadeus Salt Lakes, Curtin Springs Cattle Station (Bush Camp), Mount Ebenezer and Kings Creek Cattle Station.
The Rock Tour itinerary is specifically designed to give you a fun and genuine Aussie camping experience of the Red Centre at an affordable price. Our strength is in our young, fun and informative Tour Guides who have been hand picked and trained to ensure your memories of Central Australia are ever lasting. Our Tour Guides will show you how to cook in the camp fire, find witchety grubs, cook kangaroo tails in the coals and show you how the aboriginals hunted, survived and found food in the middle of the desert for centuries. Try one of these Aboriginal delicacies (see witchety grub picture) for yourself as well as learning about bush tucker and bush medicine which you will be shown along the 3 guided hikes.
The Rock Tour operates 5 Itineraries. Itineries 1 to 3 (3 Day Uluru) are the same price @ $370.00 so please make sure you book the right tour and highlight where you are staying, how and when you are arriving and all Rock Drop Off or Rock Pick Up details when booking. If you are unsure about your travel plans, please contact our travel consultants Freecall 1800 246345. We will be able to save you some money with good Local travel advice and also, answer any questions that you have about getting to the Northern Territory, good accommodation options and pick up arrangements from the Airport, Bus or Train Station for when you arrive in Alice Springs.
What is “The Rock Tour” Difference?
- Our Tours depart DAILY from either Alice Springs or Ayers Rock (Uluru) Airport
- The Alice Springs to Ayers Rock itinerary (Rock Drop Off) that we operate is the exact OPPOSITE to EVERY OTHER tour operator
- We offer a bush camping experience sitting around the fire 365 days of the year. Cooking on the camp fire in our exclusive Bush Camps with no light pollution. You will not be surrounded by thousands of campers like at the Resort.
- We are a very active tour and do the full 3 hour hikes on all 3 days. To regenerate your energy expended, our food has to be healthy and wholesome. You will not be filled up with lollies, chocolate biscuits, fatty sausages and cheap champagne at sunset.
- The Rock Tour Guides are Professionally trained in all facets of Guiding. The Rock Tour adds some exclusive touches to our guide training to enhance your Red Centre experience. We generally employ Guides who have not worked for rival Tour Operators.
- We only operate tours to Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon. Our Guides therefore specialise in this Itinerary.
Brags & Awards Won
**NEWS FLASH - The Rock Tour WON “Best Tour in the Northern Territory” at the Adventure Tourism Awards 2018” **
The Rock Tour has won the Golden Backpack Award for the “Best Tour in the Northern Territory” 10 times - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017.
2014 we also won the Golden Backpack Award for the “Best Tour Operator in Australia”.
Our Tour Guides are trained and hand picked to enhance your Outback Aussie experience - Wookie, Damian (AKA Wildman), Ewel, Ben L, Ben S, Darcy, Shaun & Jesse. These guys are the best in the business and The Rock Tour is very proud of the quality of our Tour Guides.
Talk to our experts
We are available from 8.30am - 7pm daily to help you book the tour that is best for your needs and give you advice on travelling in the red centre. Free call 1800 246 345